Combining powerful Canon 4x optical zoom lenses, huge 2 inch LCD screens and a comprehensive range of versatile shooting modes the 5.0MP PowerShot A610 is the perfect digital camera for any occasion. Offering point and shoot simplicity, or full manual control and also featuring Canon's latest generation DiG!C II processor, the PowerShot A610 delivers fast performance and industry leading image quality.
Optical zoom 4.0
Digital zoom 4.0
Card type SD/MMC
Storage included 16
Maximum image 2592x1944
Video out Yes
Movie mode Yes, with sound
Transfer method USB
Battery type AA
Number of batteries 4
The feature packed affordable camera for budding photographers.
* 5.0 Megapixel PowerShot A610.
* Canon 4x optical zoom lens.
* Vari-angle 2" inch LCD screen.
* Super fast DiG!C II Imaging Processor.
* Print/Share* Button allows easy 'one push' printing of images straight from the camera.
CANON'S FORMULA FOR AMAZING DIGITAL PHOTOS
- 5.0 Megapixel PowerShot A610 delivers photo quality prints up to A3 size and beyond.
- Canon 4x optical zoom lens (35mm equivalent: 35-140mm) f/2.8-4.1 with macro functionality allows recording as close as 1cm from the subject.
- High speed start-up, fast autofocus, smooth continuous shooting, faster overall processing and superior image quality thanks to revolutionary DiG!C II Imaging Processor.
EXPLORE DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY
- 5 'Creative Zone' modes including P (program AE)/Tv (shutter speed priority AE)/Av (aperture priority AE)/M (manual exposure) and C (custom), plus 5 'Image Zone' modes including Landscape, Night Scene, Portrait, selectable with the Command Dial for complete control.
- Pre-set 'Special Scene Modes' for Foliage, Snow, Beach, Fireworks, Underwater, Indoor, Kids & Pets, and Night Snapshot.
- 'My Colours' modes including Positive, Film, Lighter Skin Tone, Darker Skin Tone, Vivid Blue, Vivid Green, Vivid Red, Colour Accent, Colour Swap and Custom Colour allow users to customise colour preferences while shooting.
- Selectable 9 point AiAF, and 1 point AF for precise focusing in any shooting conditions.
- 8 position white balance and Intelligent Orientation Sensor for precise white balance calculation.
- Selectable sensitivity from ISO 50/100/200/400 - like having different ISO film loaded at once.
- Selectable Evaluative, Centre-weighted average and Spot (centre-point) metering for optimum exposure settings.
ADVANCED FEATURES EASY OPERATION
- Light guide zoom flash ensures efficient light distribution by customising flash output to match the shooting view angle,
- IO (Intelligent Orientation) sensor detects vertical/horizontal shooting to ensure correct AF, AE/AWB weighting and replay orientation.
- Movie recording and playback with audio, with a maximum resolution of 640 x 480, 30fps.
- High speed USB 2.0 support allows fast image transfer.
- Vari-angle 2" inch LCD screen for easy review of photos and movie files.
- Versatile optional dedicated accessories inc. 40-metre depth waterproof case and supplementary lenses.
*Compatible printer required for Direct Printing. Compatible Windows computer required for direct download.
- Print/Share* Button allows 'one push' printing/downloading of images straight from the camera.
- Direct photo printing with Canon direct printers and other PictBridge compatible models.
- Supports industry standard Exif 2.2 tagging for superior print image processing.
- Canon's complete image management software suite for fast and easy download, display, email and printing of images, creating panoramic pictures, computer controlled image capture and storage.
- Picture Transfer Protocol supports driver-less image transfer, viewing and deletion between camera and computer with newer operating systems (Windows XP or Mac OS X v 10.2,10.3).
STANDARD ACCESSORIES AND SOFTWARE
- Wrist Strap WS-200,
- 4 x AA Alkaline Batteries
- 32MB SD Card (A620) 16MB SD Card (A610)
- AV Cable AVC-DC300
- USB Interface Cable IFC-400PCU
- Camera User Guide
- Software Starter Guide
- Direct Print User Guide
- Digital Camera Solution Disc
Effective Number of Pixels:
Approx. 5.0 MP
Total Number of Pixels:
Approx. 5.3 MP
Primary colour filter (Bayer)
Focal Length (optical):
7.3(W) - 29.2(T)mm
35mm film equivalent:
35 - 140mm
f/2.8(W) - f/4.1(T)
8 elements in 7 groups(including 2 aspherical lens)
Max Combined Zoom:
9-point AiAF/1-point AF*
*Focusing frame move as desired or fixed to centre
Manual focus available, AF Lock available.
45 cm - infinity
1 - 45 cm (W), 25 - 45 cm (T)
1 cm - infinity (W), 25 cm - infinity (T)
Light Metering Method:
Evaluative, Centre-weighted average, Spot* Metering frame: fixed to centre or linked to AF frame, selectable.
Exposure Control Method:
Program AE, Shutter speed-priority AE, Aperture-priority AE, Manual
± 2 stops in 1/3-stop increments
White Balance Control:
TTL White Balance
White Balance Modes:
Auto, pre-set (Daylight/Cloudy/Tungsten/Fluorescent/Fluorescent H), Custom
Shutter Speed :
15 - 1/2500 sec.
Sensitivity (Equivalent Film Speed):
Auto / ISO 50 / 100 / 200 / 400 equivalent
Real-image optical zoom
2.0 inch Low-temperature polycrystalline silicon TFT colour LCD
Auto*, On*, Off (* Red-eye Reduction is available.)
Flash Range Normal:
45 cm - 4.2m (W), 45 cm - 3.0 m (T),
Flash Range Macro:
25 - 45 cm (macro) (at ISO equivalent:Auto)
Image Recording Format:
Image File Format:
- Design Rule for Camera File System,
- DPOF Version 1.1 compliant
JPEG (Exif 2.2 compliant)
AVI Image data: Motion JPEG
Sound annotation/Audio Data:
JPEG Compression Levels:
Superfine / Fine / Normal
Recording Pixels - Still Images:
2592 x 1944
2048 x 1536
1600 x 1200
640 x 480
PAL or NTSC selectable
SD Memory Card / MultiMedia Card
AA Alkaline battery (x4) or AA rechargeable NiMH battery (x4) (NB-2AH is recommended)