Empires: Dawn of the Modern World represents the only truly global RTS where players control unique civilizations across a timeline that spans from the Middle Ages to the modern era. Gamers lead their nation's economic growth and military campaigns in their effort to dominate the world. Each civilization has its own historically accurate units and abilities to be used as players command battles over land, sea and air. From a cavalry charge to a surprise air strike, gamers will know what it truly means to rule one of the world's greatest empires.
* 1,000 of the Most Significant Years In History - Empires: Dawn of the Modern World spans some of the most popular periods in the history of the world, from 950AD to 1950AD, including the Middle Ages, the Gunpowder Age, the Imperial Age, WWI and WWII.
* Unique, Historic Civilizations - Each nation has its own distinctive gameplay based on its traditional strengths and weaknesses. For example, the English were masters of the sea in the Gunpowder Age, the Germans had the superior armor and infantry of WWII and the Chinese used gunpowder years before the nations of Western Europe. Each civilization has its own historically based units and abilities. Stainless Steel Studios has included the most interesting units from the past including the plague-ridden cow carcasses flung by the Medieval English and the German V2 Rocket.
* Battle on Land, at Sea and in the Air - Gamers can create authentic and varied strategies to dominate their opponents with land, sea and air units.
* Engage In Single-Player or Multiplayer Action - In single-player mode, gamers can play randomly generated map games and do battle against up to seven other AI opponents, or play story-based campaigns based on the powerful military heroes Richard the Lionheart, Admiral Yi or General Patton. In multiplayer mode, players can either engage or play alongside up to seven friends online.
* Spectacular Graphics - Players will experience cutting-edge 3D real-time strategy graphics that can be seen close up through an easy to use camera, zooming in on the action in all its glorious detail as they control their empire.
Pentium® III or Athlon® 600 MHz or equivalent, 128 MB RAM, 4X CD-ROM, 400 MB hard disk space, DirectX v9.0.