Europa Universalis is a historical strategy game simulating all aspects of world history from 1492 to 1792. Each player takes on the role of one of the major nations of the era, controlling diplomacy, economy, warfare, exploration and colonization. A number of unique features ensure historical accuracy, including period monarchs, military leaders, and technological gains.
* 90 different nations potentially player controlled. Powerful AI with human behavior controls non-player nations.
* Choose between 9 scenarios including a Grand Campaign Game encompassing 300 years. Over 500 different historical missions and a dynamic system generating countless of exciting missions ensure many hours of game play!
* 200+ different historical events that potentially affects the outcome of your actions.
* A truly unique game in magnitude, size and setting.
* 800+ named provinces, 550+ named sea zones and 100+ named rivers on a map covering the entire globe!
* The real-time game can be set to pause at any time or any given event to give players time to plan ahead, thereby creating a "semi-real-time" environment.
* User friendly and customizable message system.
* Involve yourself in colonization, exploration, trade and infrastructure, war, religion and diplomacy against players and computer alike!
* Up to 8 players in multiplayer games over LAN or the internet!