F.E.A.R. Platinum contains:
F.E.A.R. the Directors Edition
- F.E.A.R Director's Edition
- F.E.A.R Extraction Point Expansion
- F.E.A.R Perseus Mandate Expansion
The Director's Edition of F.E.A.R. includes the game on DVD-ROM, a making-of documentary, a developer's roundtable commentary video, an exclusive F.E.A.R. machinima episode from Rooster Teeth Productions and more.
F.E.A.R. (First Encounter Assault Recon) is an intense combat experience with rich atmosphere and an engaging story presented entirely in first person. Be the hero in your own blockbuster action movie.
The story begins as an unidentified paramilitary force infiltrates a multi-billion dollar aerospace compound, taking hostages but issuing no demands. The government responds by sending in special forces, but loses contact as an eerie signal interrupts radio communications. When the interference subsides moments later, the team has been obliterated. Live footage of the massacre shows an inexplicable wave of destruction tearing the soldiers apart before they can even react.
As part of a classified strike team created to deal with threats no one else can handle, your mission is simple: Eliminate the intruders at any cost. Determine the origin of the signal. And contain this crisis before it spirals out of control.
F.E.A.R.: Extraction Point
- Hyper Stylized FPS Action - Experience intense, cinematic combat using a vast array of equipment and abilities
- Powerful arsenal: Utilize a diverse selection of weaponry, from obliterating enemies with a remote charge to sticking them to a wall with the nail gun.
- Melee combat: Use your body as a lethal weapon with intense melee attacks, like the powerful roundhouse kick or the devastating slide kick, to eliminate enemies with one swift blow.
- Slo-mo: Manipulate time and slow down the action around you to gain the upper-hand on the enemy.
- Supernatural Storyline - Expect the unexpected in an atmosphere of extreme tension and unknown danger
- Larger-than-life enemies - The enemy A.I. makes you feel like you are battling against live players. Maneuvering like a true squad the AI will flank, seek cover, and use the environment as they respond to your attacks. The enemies also sport state-of-the-art suits with special abilities including invisibility and heavy duty armor that protects against specific attacks, making them a compelling challenge in combat.
- Advanced Graphics Engine - A graphics engine that has been judged among the very best in the industry.
- Cinematic Special Effects - Get the feeling of being in your own action movie complete with sparks, smoke, debris from surrounding walls. It is all here when you unleash your arsenal in the world.
- Advanced Game Technology - A world so convincing that you’ll feel like you are actually in the game and not behind a keyboard.
- Utilizes the newest rendering technology employing real-time per pixel lighting, shadow volumes, normal mapping, and advanced shaders.
- Havok Physics 2 system makes unleashing hell on your enemies visceral and satisfying. Bodies will fall, collapse and recoil accurately along with objects reacting to being shot, pushed or blown up as they would in real life.
- Multi-Player Action - Multiple game play modes for up to 16 players online or over a LAN. All single player capabilities exist in the multiplayer modes including all of the powerful weapons, melee combat maneuvers and the slow-motion capability.
F.E.A.R. is a paranormal action thriller presented entirely in first person, an unprecedented adrenaline rush of close quarters combat seamlessly melded with the spine-tingling, shocking intensity of the unknown.
F.E.A.R. Extraction Point kicks off where the original game ended – with a bang. The First Encounter Assault Recon Team (F.E.A.R.) returns to battle the now free Alma and her paranormal minions across a destroyed city. New locations, weaponry and enemies combine to take the F.E.A.R. franchise to new levels of action and suspense.
Developed by TimeGate Studios in conjunction with Monolith Productions, F.E.A.R. Extraction Point is an intense first person close-quarters combat experience that expands and continues the rich atmosphere and engaging, paranormal horror storyline first unleashed in F.E.A.R.
F.E.A.R.: Perseus Mandate
Perseus Mandate is the second standalone storyline expansion to the award winning first person shooter franchise F.E.A.R. Fight fear with F.E.A.R. as you take point in a brand new team experiencing a new incident at Armacham with a story line that runs parallel to F.E.A.R. and Extraction Point revealing a new perspective of the event. Your job in this new adventure is to find out what Perseus is and why the Nightcrawlers have been called in to collect it before you can. Face off against new enemies, new horrors and new weapons in the stand alone expansion pack F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate.
- Stand alone expansion pack means you’re ready to play
- New multiplayer including Instant Action for the first time on PC!
- Uncover the mystery that surrounds Armacham and truth behind the Perseus project
- Employ new weapons, including the Chain Lightning Gun, Grenade Launcher, and Advanced Rifle
- Face off against a horrifying new group of enemies, the Nightcrawlers
- Engage in unpredictable encounters with combat adaptable A.I.
- Frenetic multiplayer support for up to 16 players