Supporting the revolutionary AMD AthlonTM64 processor, GA-K8NS Pro brings new levels of performance and features to the desktop platforms. The brand new AMD AthlonTM64 processor is furnished with unprecedented framework consisted of AMD’s 64-bit computing platform, HyperTransport Technology, and the CPU-integrated memory controller to boost the overall performance. Accompanied with the innovative designs of AthlonTM64, the advanced NVIDIA nForce3 platform processor and Gigabyte’s unique technology also contribute to the functionality and stability of this platform. The high speed Gigabit Ethernet interface is equipped for establishing the efficient broadband connection to the internet. The IEEE1394, Serial ATA and IDE RAID provide superior input/output performance and data protection. GA-K8NS Pro represents the best choice for full-function platform applied in home and office environment.
AMD AthlonTM64 Computing Platform
Powered by nForce3 platform processors, this platform supports the brand new 8th generation AMD AthlonTM64 processor to deliver a high performance platform with dual support for 32-bit applications and increasing 64-bit computing needs
A high-speed, low latency, point-to-point link designed to provide excellent interconnect for computation and networking. This Technology not only provides more bandwidth but also reduces the I/O bottlenecks and, consequently, greatly enhances the system performance.
Integrated DDR memory controller
The AMD AthlonTM 64 processor improves the memory performance by integrating a DDR memory controller into the processor. By running at the processor’s core frequency, an integrated memory controller greatly increases bandwidth directly available to the processor at significantly reduced latencies.
Superb bandwidth AGP 8X graphics interface
Featuring AGP 8x (AGP 3.0) the new generation VGA interface specification, this platform delivers enhanced graphics performance with high bandwidth up to 2.12GB/s. Allowing users to have a more realistic graphics experiences while gaming or movie watching.
Gigabit Ethernet Connection
The Gigabit network interface delivers a high speed LAN connection with data transfer rate up to 1000Mb/s, providing new generation connectivity for the broadband era. Gigabit LAN is ideally for seamless internet connection such as streaming audio and video contents.
The high performance IEEE1394 interface enhances PC connectivity with consumer electronics audio/video (A/V) appliances, and storage peripherals
Serial ATA with RAID 0.1 function
Serial ATA is the revolutionary ATA interface that provides scalable performance for IDE device. With up to 150MB/s data transfer rate, Serial ATA is faster than current Parallel ATA and delivers superior input/output performance. In addition, the Serial ATA interface is furnished with RAID 0.1, 0+1 (including IDE ATA 133 interface) function for extra performace enhancement and data protection.
GigaRAID IDE RAID Controller
Supporting RAID (0, 1, 0+1), JBOD function and ATA133 interface, GigaRAID Controller delivers completely solution for storage interface to increase fault tolerance, improve data access performance and provides additional interface for more IDE devices.
8 Channel Audio with UAJ
With the innovative function of Universal Audio Jack (UAJ) of ALC 850 AC97 codec, this platform provides superior 8-Channel stereo sound enjoyment without the stress of incorrect installation.
GIGABYTE Patent DualBIOSTM
DualBIOSTM prevents BIOS from virus attacks to provide a double security thus assuring the PC stability.
Norton Internet SecurityTM Included
Norton Internet SecurityTM 2004 is the essential protection from viruses, hackers, and privacy threats. It protects user during the online activities such as e-mailing, shopping, banking, and game playing.
1. Socket 754 for AMD Athlon64
1. NVIDIA nForce3 250 Platform Processor
2. Super I/O: ITE IT8712F chip
3. Integrated Peripherials
1. Silicon Image sil3512 controller
2. GigaRAID ATA 133 RAID controller
3. T.I. IEEE1394 controller
4. Marvell 8001 Gigabit Ethernet controller
5. Realtek ALC850 Audio AC'97 Codec
1. Type: DDR400/ 333/ 266- 184pin
2. Max capacity: Up to 3GB by 3 DIMM slots
Internal I/O Connectors
1. 4 x Serial ATA connector
2. 4 x UDMA ATA 133/100/66 Bus Master IDE connectors
3. 1 x FDD connector
4. 2 x USB 2.0/1.1 connectors (supports 4 ports)
5. 2 x IEEE 1394 connectors (supports 3 ports)
6. S/P DIF input/output pin header
7. 3 x cooling fan pin headers
8. CD/AUX in
9. 1 x Game/Midi connector
1. 1 x AGP slot (8x/4x-AGP 3.0 compliant), supports 1.5v display card only.
2. 5 x PCI slots (PCI 2.3 compliant)
Rear Panel I/O
1. PS/2 Keyboard / Mouse
2. 4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
3. 1 x RJ45 ports
4. 2 x COM ports
5. 1 x LPT
6. Audio (1 x Line-in / 1 x Line-out / 1 x Mic) connector
1. CPU FSB / Vcore Voltage adjustable via BIOS
2. AGP Voltage / Clock adjustable via BIOS
3. DIMM Voltage / Clock adjustable via BIOS
1. ATX power connector and ATX 12V connector
2. Power-off by Windows 98/ Me/ 2000/ XP shut down and switch
1. ATX form factor
2. 30.5 x 24.4 cm
1. System health status auto-detect and report by BIOS
2. Hardware detecting and reporting for case open, CPU voltage, and fan speed.
1. 2 X 4M bit flash ROM, Award BIOS
1. Xpress Installation
2. Xpress Recovery