Supporting the latest AMD socket 939 AthlonTM64/ 64 FX processor, the GA-K8V Ultra-939 brings new levels of performance and features to the desktop platform. The brand new AMD AthlonTM64/ 64 FX processor is furnished with unprecedented framework consisting of AMD's 64-bit computing platform, HyperTransport Technology, and internal DDR400 memory controller to boost the overall performance. Accompanied with the innovative designs of AthlonTM64, the advanced VIA K8T800 Pro Chipset and Gigabyte's unique technology also contribute to the functionality and stability of this platform. The industry's first IEEE 1394b controller from T.I. is integrated for the high-speed interface of future Audio/Video devices. Another feature is the Dual LAN, equipped for establishing the traffic between two separate networks to ensure rapid transfer of data from WAN to LAN. The IEEE1394b, and Serial ATA provide superior input/output performance and data protection. Gigabyte's GA-K8V Ultra-939 definitely represents the uppermost platform for today's computers.
AMD AthlonTM64/ 64 FX Computing Platform
Powered by VIA K8T800 Pro chipset, GA-K8V Ultra-939 supports the brand new 8th generation AMD AthlonTM64 / 64FX processor to deliver a high performance platform with dual support for 32-bit applications and increasing 64-bit computing needs.
A high-speed, low latency, point-to-point link designed to provide excellent interconnect for computation and networking. This Technology not only provides more bandwidth but also reduces the I/O bottlenecks and, consequently, greatly enhances the system performance.
Dual Channel DDR architecture support
The AMD AthlonTM 64 processor improves the memory performance by integrating a DDR memory controller into the processor. With the integrated memory controller, this platform supports dual channel DDR400 memory architecture and delivers high capacity of 4GB memory and high bandwidth up to 6.4GB/s to ensure greatest memory performance.
Superb bandwidth AGP 8X graphics interface
Featuring AGP 8x (AGP 3.0) the new generation VGA interface specification, this platform delivers enhanced graphics performance with high bandwidth up to 2.12GB/s. Allowing users to have a more realistic graphics experiences while gaming or movie watching.
Equipped with Gigabit and Ethernet LAN solution, this platform can be applied as network gateway, managing traffic between two separate networks and ensuring rapid transfer of data from WAN to LAN without any added arbitration or latency.
Industry's first IEEE1394b motherboard
This platform is the first motherboard with IEEE1394b FireWire interface from Texas Instruments (TI). With the transfer speed up to 800Mb/s, the new generation IEEE1394b interface further enhances PC connectivity with consumer electronics audio/video (A/V) appliances, and storage peripherals.
Serial ATA with RAID 0.1 function
Serial ATA is the revolutionary ATA interface that provides scalable performance for IDE device. With up to 150MB/s data transfer rate, Serial ATA is faster than current Parallel ATA and delivers superior input/output performance. In addition, the Serial ATA interface is furnished with RAID 0.1 function for extra performace enhancement and data protection.
8 Channel Audio with UAJ
With the innovative function of Universal Audio Jack (UAJ) of ALC 850 AC97 codec, this platform provides superior 8-Channel stereo sound enjoyment without the stress of incorrect installation.
GIGABYTE Patent DualBIOSTM
DualBIOSTM prevents BIOS from virus attacks to provide a double security thus assuring the PC stability.
Norton Internet SecurityTM Included
Norton Internet SecurityTM 2004 is the essential protection from viruses, hackers, and privacy threats. It protects user during the online activities such as e-mailing, shopping, banking, and game playing.
1. Socket 939 for AMD Athlon64/ 64 FX
1. Northbridge: VIA K8T800 Pro
2. Southbridge: VIA 8237R
3. Super I/O: ITE IT8705 chip
4. Integrated peripherials
1. Silicon Image sil3512 controller
2. T.I. IEEE1394b controller
3. Realtek 8110S Gigabit Ethernet controller
4. RTL8201 LAN PHY chip
5. Realtek ALC850 Audio AC'97 Codec
1. Type: Dual channel DDR400/ 333/ 266 -184pin
2. Max capacity: Up to 4GB by 4 DIMM slots
Internal I/O Connectors
1. 4 x Serial ATA connector
2. 2 x UDMA ATA 133/100/66 Bus Master IDE connectors
3. 1 x FDD connector
4. 2 x USB 2.0/1.1 connectors (supports 4 ports)
5. 2 x IEEE 1394b connectors (supports 3 ports)
6. S/P DIF input/output pin header
7. 3 x cooling fan pin headers
8. CD in
9. 1 x Game/Midi connector
1. 1 x AGP slot (8x/4x-AGP 3.0 compliant), supports 1.5v display card only
2. 5 x PCI slots (PCI 2.3 compliant)
Rear Panel I/O
1. PS/2 Keyboard / Mouse
2. 4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
3. 2 x RJ45 ports
4. 2 x COM ports
5. 1 x LPT
6. Audio (1 x Line-in / 1 x Line-out / 1 x Mic) connector
1. CPU FSB / Multiplier / Vcore Voltage adjustable via BIOS
2. AGP Voltage / Clock adjustable via BIOS
3. DIMM Voltage / Clock adjustable via BIOS
1. ATX power connector and ATX 12V connector
2. Power-off by Windows 98/ Me/ 2000/ XP shut down and switch
1. ATX form factor
2. 30.5 x 24.4 cm
1. System health status auto-detect and report by BIOS
2. Hardware detecting and reporting for case open, CPU voltage, and fan speed
1. 2 X 4M bit flash ROM, Award BIOS
1. XpressTM Installation
2. XpressTM Recovery