This stylish and uniquely designed sound system will transform the way you think about desktop audio, creating a surreal listening experience you won't soon forget. Advanced space aged technology is used throughout, from the touch volume/mute control to the dozens of patented technologies packed into this system. The JBL Encounter is compatible with all iPods, MP3 Cd Players and your standard home audio systems, as well as both PC and Mac computer platforms.
Smart and Cool
JBL Encounter, a compact, high-performance sound system, is a revolution in personal sound for the desktop. Connected to your desktop, iPod, MP3 player or other music source, JBL Encounter will provide a clean, powerful sound stage. A stereo mini jack connection also allows you to enjoy high-quality audio from a variety of other devices such as MP3 and CD players, desktop computers (all platforms) and laptops. Just a touch increases or decreases the volume. A touch on both pads mutes or un-mutes the system. JBL Encounter also remembers your last volume setting even after the system shuts down. The bass control utilizes FCS, a fixed crossover shelving topology. This allows for a pure bass adjustment that does not affect the sound imaging as the bass level increases. The bass and treble controls are located on the rear of the subwoofer.
The JBL Encounter has some pretty advanced technologies packed into a diminutive system, but what does that mean to you? Let's talk about a few of these stellar innovations. JBL Encounter combines many proprietary technologies to provide the highest quality sound. It will provide astonishing bass and clear, accurate audio. The four aluminum-domed Odyssey Transducers are driven by powerful neodymium magnets. This design provides a full, rich frequency response, from the mids to the highest highs. The Magnum 6-inch subwoofer driver is optimized for clean, powerful bass response. The satellite and subwoofer ports utilize a patented slipstream port geometry. This design maximizes port efficiency while minimizing port noise. System equalization is computer-optimized to provide a rich, complete soundstage. JBL Encounter utilizes a proprietary compression technology to ensure clean, accurate sound at high output levels.
• Compatibility - A stereo mini jack connection also allows you to enjoy high quality audio from a variety of other devices such as MP3 and CD players, desktop computers (all platforms) and laptops.
• Easy-to-use Touch-controls - Touch Volume Control – Just a touch increases or decrease the volume. A touch on both pads mutes or unmutes the system. JBL Encounter also remembers your last volume setting even after the system shuts down.
• Advanced Technology - The JBL Encounter combines many proprietary technologies to provide the highest quality sound. It will provide astonishing bass and clear accurate sound.
• Odyssey Transducers - The four aluminum domed transducers are driven by powerful Neodymium magnets. This design provides a full rich frequency response from the lowest bass to the highest highs.
• COE (Computer Optimized Equalization) - System equalization was computer optimized to provide a rich, complete sound stage.
• OCT (Optimized Compression Topology) - JBL Encounter utilizes a proprietary compression technology to insure clean accurate sound at high output levels.
Satellite: Four Odyssey Neodymium drivers
Subwoofer: Magnum 6
Satellite: 13 watts per channel
Subwoofer: 34 watts
Frequency Response 40Hz – 20KHz
Diameter – 3-1/2" (90mm)
Height – 6" (150mm)
Diameter – 7" (175mm)
Height – 20" (250mm)
Weight 8.0 lb (3,6kg)
Input Impedance >5k ohms
Signal-to-Noise (dBA) >80dB
Voltage Input 230 VAC