Lord of Arcana: The evolutionary Monster Hunter, direct clone, or a completely different game-
First off, if you are interested in this page, you are most likely to be either: A Square Enix (Final Fantasy) fans or a Monster Hunter fan.
This game took the core of Monster Hunter, and then revamped it into a completely different game. There are many new aspects of the game, as-well as removed contents which differentiate them from Monster Hunter.
- Much less detailed armor and weapon crafting. There are at most only half the amounts of gears compared to MH.
- No outside-battle activity. No such thing such as pokke farm, hot spring, or feline chefs.
- Less strategy in battles due to lack of traps, bombs, and environmental doodads.
- Very smooth and utilized fighting system. Simplified, less frustrating, many more strings of combos, the use of magic, and finally for the Final Fantasy fans: Summons. (PS: Yes, FF's aeon/materia/GF cameos)
- Extremely intense gears of wars/Shenmue cinematic battle which is even more megafun when done in co-op.
- At least twice or three times faster than Monster Hunter. There are no silly potion-drinking poses, the gathering speed is much faster and the character movement is incredibly fast. Me, I like my game fast and brutal.
In a nutshell, if you like MH and thinks “This game is just a lousy clone.” or hates MH and thinks “This game is just a lousy clone.” Well don't. It's a brand new experience with the same basic feel.
Lord of Arcana is your ‘Marvel vs Capcom 3’ to Monster Hunter's ‘Street Fighter 4’. I'm not reluctant to give it 5/5.