Play it Live! NBA Live 2002 is coming at you with more of an emotional basketball experience than ever before. With action similar to an NBA highlight video rather than a television broadcast shown on NBA or TNT, NBA Live 2002 brings you out of the stands and onto the court.
Feel what its like to live life in the paint. Hear what the players are saying and see the court from the players eyes. Wide-open gameplay around the basket opens up the game, allowing for more lay-ups, dunks, and more control in the low post. Witness tattoo-laden Allen Iverson arguing a referees call. See an animated Steve Francis yell with emotion as he throws down a big time dunk, and see his reaction as he celebrates afterwards. Get in the game with NBA Live 2002 for the PlayStation 2.
- Drastic visual improvements - New player accessories including knee pads and knee braces, arm and head bands, varying sock lengths, a variety of shoes and more.
- Implemented inside game - Inside play around and under the basket improves with various post moves, an expanded shot selection, along with improved post defense, and rebounding.
- Franchise Mode - Build the NBAs next dynasty in season-to-season Franchise Mode.
- Smoother game play picks up the pace and speeds up the game.
- New cut scenes focusing on player-player and player-referee interaction elevate the game experience to an all-new high.
- Legendary Players - Take em on 5-on-5 or 1-on-1 and decide for yourself who are the greatest players of all time.
- Improved front-end interfaceand flow - Simplified controls and more linear flow.