This book offers true stories of bloodthirsty pirates and the courageous men trying to stop them during the Western Hemisphere's golden age of piracy in the 17th and 18th centuries.
* Comprises 400 A-Z biographical entries on pirates and privateers, as well as those officials who fought them, plus numerous related topics
* A brief chronology details related events at the end of each volume
* Includes 150 ancient maps, ship views, harbor charts, and modern renderings, plus 12 maps commissioned for this work
* Offers a select bibliography at the end of each volume
* Presents a glossary at the end of each volume, including some colorful and unusual expressions
* Provides a comprehensive index at the end of each volume
David F. Marley is a naval historian who has lived and traveled extensively in Latin America and Europe and currently resides in Canada.