Featuring two detailed campaigns, "Stalingrad" will let the player take command over Wehrmacht and lead the German forces into the city, then switch to the Red Army and liberate the Soviet stronghold from the occupants and obliterate the 6th Army under the command of Gen. Paulus. In contrast to many other RTS games out there, each mission in "Stalingrad" is created with historical authenticity in mind and with reference to the actual place and time to real events that took place during the war. Besides, the missions are created in such a way that campaigns give an authentic picture of events at the theatre of war operations.
- 36 missions spanning the Wehrmacht and Red Army campaigns, 7 secret missions revealing little-known facts about the Battle of Stalingrad. Accurate reconstruction of historical events, turning the game into a interactive encyclopedia.
- In-game map landscapes are based upon tactical maps and actual WWII aerial photography.
- Over 150 different infantry and armored vehicle units, created according to blueprints, dozens of unique buildings modeled based on actual footage: Stalingrad railway station, grain elevator, department store, the House of Specialists, and the Red October plant.
- Vehicles, weapons and military forces never seen before in historical RTS games, including the experimental Panzerselbstfahrlafette V "Sturer Emil" howitzer, PZB-41/28 anti-tank gun, and the armored assault infantry of the Red Army.
- Significant changes to the Blitzkrieg’s combat system, aimed at a new level of combat realism: shooting range and line of sight for infantry and armored units have been increased, artillery fire made less accurate, new parameters for infantry and armored units.
- Original dub-metal soundtrack performed by St. Petersburg band "SKAFANDR"