That's Not Me
Sometimes success and failure look identical.
Polly’s dreams of making it as an actor are shattered when her identical twin sister Amy catapults to international stardom. Mistaken for her famous sister at every turn, Polly scrambles to catch up – juggling woeful auditions, painfully awkward dates and her underwhelming job at the local cinema. Running out of options, Polly takes an ill-advised trip to the coalface of celebrity dreams: Los Angeles, California. There Polly begins to realise that maybe there’s no such thing as ‘making it’ after all.
With a breakout performance from Alice Foulcher in dual roles as Polly and Amy, and backed by a sparkling ensemble cast of established and emerging actors, THAT’S NOT ME is a feel-good comedy about the difference between failure and disappointment. Writer/director Gregory Erdstein and actor/writer Foulcher burst onto screens as a fresh new voice in Australian cinema, with their smart, hilarious and touching debut feature.
- Audio Commentary with Gregory Erdstein, Alice Foulcher & Nicholas Pollock
- Isabel Lucas On ‘That's Not Me’
- From Script to Screen: 1 Second At a Time
- ‘I Play To Win’ Music Video
- ‘I Play To Win’ Oral History
- " That's Not Me strikes a perfect balance between silly and smart, accessible and fantastic, and local and global that make it in many ways one of the most promising and original Australian films in years. " – Alexandra Heller-Nicholas
- " That's not such a bad way to describe That's Not Me – a $60,000 Trojan horse of a film, fairly bursting with comedy, humanity and interesting ideas. " – Karl Quinn
- " Smart, funny and perceptive… brimming with well-observed scenarios, characters and emotions. " – Sarah Ward