Titanic Special Edition (2 Disc)
Featuring spectacular special effects set amidst the backdrop of one of the most tragic events of the 20th Century, James Cameron's award-winning TITANIC stands as one of the greatest Hollywood spectaculars of all time. Beginning with an undersea expedition in the 1990s, in which scuba divers are searching the sunken ship for lost relics, a painting of young Rose DeWitt Bukater (Kate Winslet) is found.
This triggers a flashback to the young woman's story as it happened on the doomed Titanic. Rose is a daughter of privilege on her way to be married to an arrogant but wealthy young man (Billy Zane). Despairing, Rose finds herself falling in love with Jack Dawson (Leonardo DiCaprio), a carefree and poor young artist who is also aboard. When the great ship strikes an iceberg and begins to sink, Rose and Jack have only each other as their world falls apart around them.
- Best Picture Oscar Winner 1997.
- Best Picture (Drama) Golden Globe Winner 1997.
- New Ending: a nine minute alternate film ending shown for the very first time.
- Behind-the-Scenes Branched Footage: from exclusive footage of Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio to a glance into what really happened behind-the-scenes of this multi-million dollar production, and much more. Viewers get 50 minutes of new branched footage.
- Three Brand New Commentaries: includes a James Cameron commentary; a cast and crew commentary; and a historical commentary.
- " Stirring music and seamless special effects add to the thrills. " – Mike Massie
- " If computer-generated special effects have overpowered human-generated drama, Cameron seizes that dangerously cold technology and recasts it as dream and delirium, profoundly human in its sources and longings. " – Dave Kehr
- " The execution is state-of-the-art and breathtaking. Titanic offers the full compass of courage and cowardice, and it stands as an achievement that truly is a night to remember at the movies. " – Desmond Ryan