The movie takes two disks so half way through you need to change disks. The other two disks have many interesting features on the making of Titanic including different endings (yes it still sinks) and about the actors and film crew. Excellent & fun!
Who doesn't like a good soppy movie and this is a classic one to watch. And we all still hope and pray that Leo ans Kate will get together.
A great movie but this 4-disc edition is unnecessary. I did not enjoy the special features very much – and I usually love special features on DVDs – and now I wish I just bought the regular DVD.
Featuring spectacular special effects set amidst the backdrop of one of the most tragic events of the 20th Century, James Cameron's award-winning TITANIC stands as one of the greatest Hollywood spectaculars of all time. Beginning with an undersea expedition in the 1990s, in which scuba divers are searching the sunken ship for lost relics, a painting of young Rose DeWitt Bukater (Kate Winslet) is found. This triggers a flashback to the young woman's story as it happened on the doomed Titanic. Rose is a daughter of privilege on her way to be married to an arrogant but wealthy young man (Billy Zane). Despairing, Rose finds herself falling in love with Jack Dawson (Leonardo DiCaprio), a carefree and poor young artist who is also aboard. When the great ship strikes an iceberg and begins to sink, Rose and Jack have only each other as their world falls apart around them.
In addition to taking viewers through the special features of the 2-disc set, the journey of the 4-disc Deluxe Collectorâ€™s Edition goes even deeper with over three additional hours of never-before-seen material brought together especially for this release. These special features give viewers an insiderâ€™s look at scenes that didnâ€™t make it to the final cut of the film, show James Cameron in action during production, and much more about the legendary TITANIC than ever imagined. It also includes Titanic television specials, parodies, and trailers.
* New Ending: a nine minute alternate film ending shown for the very first time.
* Behind-the-Scenes Branched Footage: from exclusive footage of Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio to a glance into what really happened behind-the-scenes of this multi-million dollar production, and much more. Viewers get 50 minutes of new branched footage.
* Three Brand New Commentaries: includes a James Cameron commentary; a cast and crew commentary; and a historical commentary.
* Over 45 Minutes of New Deleted Footage: Jack fighting for his life, the passionate kiss you never saw, and Jack and Rose in their final moments together, this is just a sampling of over 45 minutes of new deleted scenes made available for the first time. Each scene is state of the art, with the effects finished to match the special effects in the theatrical feature.
* Production and Special Effects Featurettes: with this selection of featurettes, take an insiders look at James Cameron in action. Get a better understanding of what goes on behind-the-scenes of a major movie production. Experience the building of the â€œTITANICâ€
- Region 4
- Special Edition
- 1.78 : 1
- DTS Digital Surround 5.1
- DTS Digital Surround 5.1
There are no Marketplace listings available for this product currently.
Already own it? Create a free listing and pay just 9% commission when it sells!