The game accurately simulates fully tire wear, tire and engine temperatures, fuel consumption affecting weight distribution and real world engine inertia. This level of detail is simulated on every vehicle across the entire range of motorsports featured.
There are two main game modes, the new Pro Career mode and the World Tour mode. In Pro Career each racing discipline represents a different genre of motorsport, so if players want to make it as an Open Wheel driver they’ll progress through the breadth of that discipline, starting off in Karting events, progressing on to Formula 1000, then further championships which include Formula BMW, Formula 3 and then finally driving the brand new BMW Williams FW27.
Alternatively the World Tour mode gives the gamer immediate and accessible racing. Race driven cinematic style cut scenes continue the series’ plot driven narrative, and with more cars, tracks and championships than ever before it is the ultimate fast fix for racing fans.
- The signature damage engine has been upgraded again and now every car component has a weight and an aero-dynamic effect. In addition the cars will change through the course of a race and the player will see the real world results as fuel burns, tires warm up and wear out, radiators overheat and engines will blow
- Completely revamped physics and handling engine, designed to make the player feel more connected to where the action is happening
- Progress through 116 championships covering 35 different motor racing styles including Open Wheel, GT racing, Touring cars, Oval racing, Rally, Historic and Off Road
- 70 different aspirational cars, including Nissan 350Z, Corvette C5R, Pontiac Firebird, Ultima GTR, Subaru Impreza N10 and Lotus 49
- 98 different track variations on circuits including Manama Bahrain International, SpA Francorchamps, Bathurst and Nurburgring
- Car set up in all stages of race and game
- All new realistic and licensed tune-parts
- Up to 21 cars racing on track at one time
- New online game modes