Twisted Metal: Head-On
: Extra Twisted Edition provides all the fast-paced vehicular combat and destruction that fans of the franchise have come to know and love. The latest installment in the multi-million selling franchise provides a variety of gameplay options, as gamers can go head-to-head or compete against the Artificial Intelligence (AI) and deliver the devastation as they strap themselves into one of 14 lethal machines on wheels equipped with machine guns, turbo boosts and special attacks unique to each vehicle.
- Modes of Play
- Story Mode – Drivers choose their vehicle and progress through a series of arenas.
- Challenge – Drivers choose their vehicle, arena, AI controlled enemies, then go off to battle.
- Endurance – Drivers take on an endless onslaught of AI controlled opponents until the end.
- Players – Single-player or 2-player split-screen.
- Vehicles – Choose from different destructive vehicles. Each vehicle is armed with serious firepower, turbo boost and each with a unique devastating specialty attack.
- Vehicles: Roadkill, Shadow, Mr. Grimm, Sweet Tooth, Thumper, Spectre, Twister, Outlaw, Grasshopper, WartHog, Axel.
- Unlockable Vehicles: Mr. Slam, Crimson Fury, Hammerhead, Cousin Eddy, ATV, Dark Tooth, Tower Tooth.
- Environments / Battlegrounds – Unleash mayhem in a variety of different levels, including: Paris, Egypt, Tokyo, and Los Angeles, plus a bonus level, exclusive to the PS2 version.
- Weapons – Players can collect an arsenal of weaponry to deliver explosive attacks on opponent vehicles, including: homing, fire and power missiles, machine gun, ricochet disc, napalm, remote bomb and swarm missiles.
- Upgrade Power-Ups – Players can finish off opponents and collect Upgrade Power-Ups to enhance vehicle and weapon performance.