Is this the right book for me?
Save Energy and Cut Your Bills offers you straightforward and achievable strategies for reducing your energy bills and living a more environmentally aware life. With lots of useful tools to assess your energy and carbon use, it gives practical advice on everything from heating your home to managing teenage consumers. The book comes with:
- Energy-saving actions categorized into 'no cost', 'low cost' and 'investment' actions
- Detailed installation costs and savings help you to make more effective decisions
- Topical issues, such as HIPs and smart metering
- Guidance on the most effective ways of generating your own power
- Suggestions for green driving and being more sustainable in the garden
- Resource sections for further investigation and assistance
Save Energy and Cut Your Bills include:
Chapter 1: Background to energy use
Chapter 2: How much energy are you using now?
Chapter 3: Developing a strategy for action
Chapter 4: Saving energy in the house
Chapter 5: Generating your own energy
Chapter 6: Saving energy in the garden
Chapter 7: Saving energy on the road
Chapter 8: Future trends
Learn effortlessly with a new easy-to-read page design and added features:
Not got much time?
One, five and ten-minute introductions to key principles to get you started.
Lots of instant help with common problems and quick tips for success, based on the author's many years of experience.
Tests in the book and online to keep track of your progress.
Extend your knowledge
Extra online articles to give you a richer understanding of how to save energy.
Five things to remember
Quick refreshers to help you remember the key facts.
Innovative exercises illustrate what you've learnt and how to use it.
The Hockerton Housing Project was the UK's first fully self-sufficient ecological housing development. Winners of the 2006 National Energy Efficiency award, they offer advice and support to families, schools and businesses on energy-friendly housing.