Full Title: Master And Commander: The Far Side Of The World.
Original score composed by Iva Davies, Christopher Gordon, and Richard Tognetti.
Producers: Iva Davies, Christopher Gordon, Richard Tognetti.
The original score for the film MASTER AND COMMANDER is the result of a collaborative effort by three composers: Iva Davies, Christopher Gordon, and Richard Tognetti. Their music matches the movie's epic scale and effectively conveys the exhilaration of adventure on the high seas during the Napoleonic wars. Tracks such as "The Far Side of the World" and "Smoke N'Oakum" are panoramic soundscapes full of dramatic themes and evocative motifs, while "Into the Fog," "The Doldrums," and "The Battle" utilize propulsive rhythms and atmospheric sound effects to create an ambiance of mystery, danger, and suspense. Arrangements of traditional folk tunes such as "The Cuckold Comes Out of the Avery," "O'Sullivan's March," and "Nancy Dawson" serve to lighten the mood. The soundtrack also includes music from the time period the film is set in such as Mozart's Violin Concerto No. 3, Boccherini's "La Musica Notturna Delle Strade Di Madrid," and the Prelude from Bach's Cello Suite No. 1 as performed by Yo-Yo Ma.
- Far Side Of The World, The
- Into The Fog
- Mozart: Violin Concerto No. 3 K216. 3rd Movement
- Cuckold Comes Out Of The Amery, The
- Smoke N'oakum
- Vaughan Williams: Fantasia On A Theme By Thomas Tallis
- Corelli: Adagio From Concerto Grosso Op 6 No. 8 In G Minor
- Doldrums, The
- J.S. Bach: Prelude From The Unaccompanied Cello Suite No. 1 In G Major, BWV 1007 - Yo Yo Ma
- Galapagos, The
- Folk Medley
- Phasmid, The
- Battle, The
- Boccherini: La Musica Notturna Delle Strade Di Madrid No. 6. Op. 30
- Full Circle